Friday, May 26, 2006

Quick Color Study

Another assignment. I love Tyrus Wong's stuff. In case you don't know him, he was one of the lead concept artists on 'Bambi'. He's a master pastel artist, and was instrumental in developing the look for the backgrounds in that film. His work led to further development in the world of BG design throughout the ages, and called on future painters to use color more effectively, as well as composition.

Anyhow, I've developed a love of the art of indication vs. rendering...and I wanted to see if I could do up something that seemed like it belonged to that world. Just a 15-minute study, but I think it's one of the more successful ones.

4 comments:

Mark McDonnell said...

Nice work man. Great color and feel.
I can almost hear the gun shot . . . yeah, well I'm just kidding.

Great stuff man.

MAC

David Zweig said...

hey thanks guys. there's more where this came from, but your feedback means a ton. makes me wanna work harder...like dave colman!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»