Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hot and Cold

Here's another one of my assignments. I attempt to take two opposites and design them out in whatever context I choose. Only other rule is that each concept must have the opposite concept within it.

This time, the topic was 'Hot and Cold'.

I wound up designing two busts of characters, in an attmempt to get more comfy with vector creations. Seein' as how masters like Ragnar are showing us just what can be done with a clean line, I figured i'd try my hand at it.


The top woman is more cold than hot, but her features are appealing and I imagined that she'd be a nice naughty June Cleaver when you get her alone. The bottom one is more literally hot than cold, but her stare and eyeshadow color helped lean the character a lilttle cold.

At least that's how it worked in my head - you decide for yourself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic Blog David! Awesome range. Thanks a load for the comment on mine. Much appreciated. You are a phenominal talent and I have immediately bookmarked you!

David Zweig said...

thnaks man...good to know i'm not wastin' peoples' time! and hey mel, you earned that and a ton of other comments, sir!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»