Thursday, July 27, 2006

Squishies

These two characters are part of a larger concept for interstitials...shorts...mini bits, if you will.

I wanted to develop a gender-neutral form, a creature, that can be all kinds of things, but take on very strong emotions. I wanted a being that could be adorable in one moment, and pulverized in the next - while maintaining maximum character quality throughout.

I went through many renditions, and finally, I arrived at these lil' buggers. I have no idea when I'll ever get 'em animated, but hey, it was a fun exercise.

2 comments:

Erich said...

ooooh ooooh, let me guess, he/she/its green with envy!!? they are indeed very squishy. If you're interested in outsourcing your animation i happen to know some animators around these parts (points frantically at self)

David Colman said...

great characters man, nice and iconic